Dr. Sarah E. DeWitt, MD
Dr. DeWitt is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon and member of the Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Society. She currently focuses on foot and ankle care, particularly more complex and challenging problems. She teaches UNC orthopedic residents part-time, volunteers both at WakeMed and through Project Access to see indigent patients. Dr. DeWitt speaks Spanish, and in 2003, she participated in a medical mission to Nicaragua.
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
• American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
• American Medical Association
• American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
• Ruth Jackson Society
• One of only 2.5% of the orthopaedic surgeons in the country who is female
• Speaks Spanish, volunteers for COAN (Raleigh mission group to Nicaragua)
• Started practice at Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic in 2000
• Undergraduate School: Duke University
• Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine
• Internship & Residency: University of Utah
• Fellowship Training: Harbor-UCLA, Los Angeles (Foot and Ankle)
• "Triple arthrodesis in adults with non-paralytic disease: a minimum 10 year follow up", Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery American, 86A(12), Dec 2004.